Every morning when I woke up at 5:30am, I will start off my day more productively. The reason why I have this sleeping habits is because first, I don’t like to rush myself get off the bed and went straight to the bathroom, put on my outfit, wear my make up in rushing mode, and look at my clock, walk straight to my car and drove off to office..tik tok tik tok caught in the traffic, and seriously I hate this kind of situation.
How many of you went through this every working day? How is your sleeping habits? Maybe you still can arrive early, but do you feel that your body will appreciate this?
Why I like waking up early?
Personally, when I woke up at least 30 mins earlier than my ‘paling malas nak bangun, nak bangun lambat, takpe bangun pukul 7:00 still sempat nak sampai office pukul 8:30′ I will feel more relax and I’m enjoying my morning routine. I will get off my bed, take a glass of plain water first, then get ready. I’ll be making my breakfast and I’m done before 7 and I’m ready to start my day with a smiley on my face.
So, how to train yourself to be an early riser?
- Don’t make drastic changes. Start slowly, by waking just 15-30 minutes earlier than usual. Get used to this for a few days. Then cut back another 15 minutes. This is how I did. When you already get used to get up early, your body will response to it normally without forcing.
- Sleep early. Our body need a rest, at least 8 hours minimum every day. I slept by 10 at night on working days. Some of us like to stay up so late, and end up waking up late and need to rush every morning. If you enjoyed being like that then go on, with puffy eyes every day.
- Put your alarm clock far from you bed. I hate it when I am so easily reach out my phone and pressing the snooze button. Then get back to sleep. Then I got frustrated for not waking up.
- Go outside your room right after you stop your alarm clock. Don’t get back to sleep, and don’t lied on your bed and played with your phone right after you just woke up without actually leave your bed. What I like to do is, right after waking up, I go straight to the bathroom, wash my face and brush my teeth, then straight taking a shower.
- Do not rationalize with your thought to not waking up. If you allow your brain to talk you out of getting up early, you’ll never do it. Don’t make getting back in bed an option.
- Have a good reason to wake up early. Set something like wanting to make own breakfast, having to make a to do list, or you can set to do an exercise. You will appreciate that time. Take advantage of all that extra time.
- Make waking up early a reward. Yes, it might seem at first that you’re forcing yourself to do something hard, but if you make it pleasurable, soon you will look forward to waking up early. A good reward is to make a hot cup of coffee or tea and read a book.
My waking up style?
First, I need to sleep early. I sleep around 10-11pm everyday. I will keep myself busy after work like doing clothes folding, vacuuming my house, washing the dishes etc. I will only watch tv or surfing the net if I don’t have anything to do.
Before jumping on my bed to sleep, I will drink plenty of water, like 2 glass. The reason why is because, when you drink water you sure need to pee later. So, when I want to pee, I will immediately wake up, when I wake up then I realize it’s already 5am. I don’t sleep after that. I’ll make a habit to brush my teeth and wash my face, do 3 minutes stretching. drink water as well as playing with phone to keep me awake.
When I’m already awake, I will set in my head on what should I have for breakfast. Sometimes I would like a toast, egg rolls, fried rice, and anything easy to make. Or perhaps you can also make a to-do list. But you shouldn’t burn your time doing something unnecessary.
Here are some useful tips you (and I) can try:-