Since I am pretty serious into reading as mentioned on my previous post, I started to make a TBR (to-be-read) book list each month. We gotta make a plan and goals now because I need to have a direction so I can finish reading all the books.
The main reasons why I need a TBR book prepared early of the month?
- So I know that all the books in my bookshelf are soon going to be read, they are just there waiting for me.
- Choosing the book are fun though, I go to a ‘system’ I created haha I will tell you next
- I know what I will read, I know what I am expecting by end of the month, so I kept the excitement in me
- I need a variety of story to read because my brain need to rest for something light after ready a ‘dark, heavy, high fantasy book. Choosing first, save my time.
How do I pick a book?
I try to read at least 4 books each month, if we have a ‘public holiday’ I will add maybe extra 1 book. I only read more on the weekend and holidays. This is how I choose my book for my next read:
- I pick 2 books from a stand-alone book, contemporary book is better because they are easier to read
- 2 books from a series or trilogy – I will be picking a book from the Grishaverse series for now and 1 book a month
- and I will add a book with ‘the most hype story on tiktok’ so I can join the bandwagon with them
Sorry for the long introduction, since this is my first time sharing my ‘TBR’ opinion, I hope some of you will understand why.
So, my August TBR books are:-
- Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bones #2) by Leigh Bardugo – I need to know what happen and I plan to finish this trilogy + the Six of Crows duology by this year before I watch the Netflix series
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – it’s a stand-alone book, pretty thin book, got so much hype on the net
- Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare – I’ve completed the Mortal Instruments Series long time ago. This trilogy are much better according to the Shadowhunters fans
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I love TJK’s book and my favourite bookstagrammer are raving about this, so why not read this ASAP.
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafzah Faisal – I have been wanting to get this book and hehe I got this as a birthday present.
That’s all the books I plan to read this month. How about you? Do you plan what to read each month? Or just pick up any book to read? Share me your thought please.